From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:33:51 -0500
Dear Rick,
        I have been doing bees in NY state for 2 years now, having
lived in San Diego most of my life. Beekeeping is very different
here; the weather seems to be changing all the time and you never
know what kind of day it'll be. 1999 was extremely dry here and 2000
was cool and wet. The main flow in 1999 was black locust (in May) and
in 2000 -- basswood (in July).

        When I ask people what the best honey plant is around here,
no one seems to have an opinion. Certainly not clover, or buckwheat
like the old days. Is it really going to be different every year? How
about where you live? Are there plants you can depend on or not?

Peter Borst
Ithaca, NY