From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:52:23 -0400
When I started my diatrabe about CCD reporting I expressed my overall
respect for Jerry, and his measured response reinforces that respect.  I was
particularly struck by "Our bottom line, its the degree of overall loss
frequency and distribution
that is more worrisome than the 'attribution' to CCD in terms of the
viability
of this industry."

Yep, that is right.

Jerry mentioned several agreed symptoms of CCD, some of which I knew of and
others I did not.  In particular I noted the 'presence of a queen' and
'substantial amounts of brood'.  Yet, many many beekeepers in upstate NY
faced with dead hives are saying it is the result of CCD.

Lloyd
--
Lloyd Spear
Owner Ross Rounds, Inc.