From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:39:55 -0400
Peter Borst wrote:
> I am a little tired of people getting up on the soapbox and claiming to be
> "more natural than thou". I know plenty of beekeepers who would just as soon
> stop applying chemicals if they could, but every time they do the bees
> croak. You can't do beekeeping with no bees.

There has been excellent research on man's attempt to create a natural
environment in the National Parks. The problem was that they took
several parts of nature out of the parks thinking they were making them
more natural or to preserve them. One was hunting. Through the ages, man
killed quite a few deer, elk and other game for food. When man was
removed from the "balance" the grazer populations exploded and changed
the ecology of the parks so they were no longer in "balance".

Fire is the same. It is natural, but we manage it into being unnatural.
So now our parks are proclaimed natural but they are not like they once
were when they were natural and men let the fires burn (or burned them
on purpose) and killed game.

We seem to exclude ourselves from nature and think, because we are not a
tree, we are not natural. We create our habitat and it is our "natural"
habitat, even if it is in a skyscraper.

Everything we do is natural (except some things on Television), since we
are a part of nature. Nature is never in balance. It is always changing,
otherwise there would be T-Rex in your backyard.

But the T-Rex would be on 4.9 foundation.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine