From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 20:31:34 -0500
Hello All,
        I would'nt like to see the list split. I think the best situation
is for the "experts" and the beginers to be on the same list so that the
newer folks get sound advice. Put all the novices on their own list and it
will be the blind leading the blind. On the other hand I think things are
out of hand. For months I've deleted 99% of the list without reading it.
I think too many are using the list for info that can easily be gotten
elswhere. This list cannot take the place of reading books and using books
as your main referance. I know e-mail is more fun but if things keep on
the way they are, I think the list will split and the best informed bee
people will simply go away. I recomend that new beekeepers build a library
of beekeeping literature, subscribe to at least one journal, and read,
read, read. When you need help, read somemore. If you can't find what you
nead, then post your question.  If you don't like reading and want to
chat, do it off the list. Also, if someone posts a realy basic question,
and the answer is'nt of general interest, why not respond to the sender
only rather than dump another message into 600 mailboxes? And why do we
need so much stuff that is'nt even close to bee biology- painting, birds,
weed spray?