From:
Malcolm Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 1994 11:07:05 +0000
Jane,

Please accept my congratulations too!

Regarding your question about the risk of botulism, I think you needn't
worry.  My understanding is that the possible problem with young
children arises because of differences in the infant gut which may allow
the bacterium to multiply there.  With adults this doesn't happen because
of the acidic environment.  The recommendation at present seems to be not
to feed honey (which may contain the bacterial spores) to infants under
one year old.  However, at present Baby Power is not feeding directly
but via his/her mother so the problem won't arise.  It's just oral
ingestion in the first year after birth that should be avoided.

Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Roe                                Phone  :  +44 1442 345104
Crosfield Electronics Ltd                  Fax    :  +44 1442 232301