From:
Tim Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:37:48 -0500
"How would u, Tim,  value the benefits u get from Bee-L, ...compared with
the
amount of time it does take to search such extensive but unindexed
archives?"

I really don't have much of a problem with the way the archives are
organized. When I got back to California from 9 years with scuts in
Africa, I basically had to start over learning bees, what with Varroa and
all so I just read through pretty much everything and asked questions here
when I needed help. Around here, the few beekeepers that produce extra
honey still keep Apistan strips in their hives all year round and throw
handfulls of tetramycin in the brood champer every now and then for AFB.
This of course provides quite the market opportunity, what with the almost
total lack of competition for local, raw honey.

When learning on the internet, one eventually developes a sense of
descernment, and I find learning on the net very valuable, whether working
on my own website using Dave Cushman's advice, learning about my bees, my
plants, my macrophotography or whatever. This site including the archives
has put me so head and shoulders above most other beekeepers in the area
that I can start building my business without the need for capital outside
the profits from my hives. So one shouldn't look to me for much critizism
concerning the organisation of the archives.