From:
"Jeffrey R. Hills" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:27:41 -0400
With regard to my bees and their reaction to the 5:00 PM church bells,
Michael Housel observed:

The vibrations are apparently being interpreted by the bees as a
predator (a skunk scratching at the landing board?), and they are
putting up the usual sorties of kamikaze defenders.

Yesterday evening the bells played "Nearer, My God, to thee."  The bees
remained perfectly calm.
Jeff Hills
Dorset, Vermont