From:
Jerry Wallace <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:21:54 EDT

>or from queen operations that used Chinese royal jelly

I am really surprised to hear that queen operations in  the US would use
Chinese royal jelly after all the issues with regards to  imported Chinese honey.
Logically, it would seem to me  to present the same type of issues as feeding
honey of unknown  origin.  Why would a reputable breeder take that kind of
risk monetarily or  operationally?  For that matter, why couldn't IAPV have
arrived in a container of imported honey that was inadvertently or  purposely fed
to honey bees here in the US.  I'm very doubtful all  honey that arrives on
our shores has undergone a complete filtration  or heating process to remove
pathological impurities.   I've  looked at the labels on Walmart's honey and it
lists 4-5 different countries of  origin.