From:
Max Watkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 12:38:12 +0100
Brad,

We haven't tried using menthol alongside or after Apiguard. In the
development of the product, we showed pretty good control of tracheal mites
with Apiguard (thymol) alone and even though the main target is varroa mite,
Apiguard is used extensively in some areas to control tracheal mite too. If
you want to use both Apiguard and menthol, I would do the menthol treatment
after (separately from) the Apiguard. Otherwise the bees might object to the
extra odour. You may otherwise overdose.

Likewise, I would re-queen after the Apiguard treatment, as essential oils
can sometimes affect egg laying for a few days.

Regards,

Max

Dr Max Watkins
Director