From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 10:10:49 -0400
Garry Frey wrote:

> Just a note to let everybody here that swarm traps really work...

That's quite a swarm, Garry!  Nice to know it didn't fly away.  This is the
second year that I've used swarm traps, and I really like them.  I got my first
swarm of the year yesterday myself.  However, I wonder if others on the list
notice that the swarms very often don't actually enter the trap boxes but stay
hanging on the under side, and maybe even start building comb on the under side.
This happens about 2/3 of the time for me, and it's OK if I get to them within a
day or so.  However, if I can't get there in time I have a lot of comb, perhaps
with honey and brood already, on the outside of the box.  And that is a mess,
both to transport and to introduce to a hive.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA