From:
"Mark C. Michel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark C. Michel
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 20:08:09 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Wenner" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2000 3:14 PM
Subject: "Tales of the Hive"

>    May I insert a bit of reality.

Interesting intro to your...observations.  Your opposition to the
aforementioned bee research is, at best interesting.  With regard to
statements as, "the bee language hypothesis has provided no practical
benefit to beekeepers;"  Such myopic views would be laughable if not such a
sad commentary  on the lack of historical perspective with regard to
scientific analysis.  I recall my dear friend who worked on the Manhattan
project ( Dr. Keaton Keller) spoke of nuclear theory.  He had himself lived
through at least three theory of subatomic structure.  He maintained the
need for analytical insight tempered with a historical perspective.

I have not received any DIRECT benefit from the bee language studies.  But
in the same breath, I have received no DIRECT benefit from my Chemistry
studies, Physics or all of the  French verb conjugation I struggled with in
school.

Each and every source of information must be taken in it own merits as well
as an overall context.  Just as current quantum physics now seems to cross
with philosophy in that our "reality" is based solely on our perspective and
just what we are looking for (not at).

Adrian, insert your "reality"  for it may be real for you but not for  those
of us who strive to be a member of the apis literati.

M. Chris Michel
Michel Family Apiaries
Volunt, Faciunt, Fluremuse
(they fly, they make, WE prosper)