From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:31:17 -0600
> As to location of insects themselves, one theory involved wing beats
> providing a modulated signal, unique to the insect.

I have often wondered if, for example, there are messages modulating
(encoded on) seemingly repetitive bird songs or within many other familiar
sounds of 'nature' such as the 'chirp' of a cricket, or the buzz of a bee?
Without the necessary decoder, such messages would be undetectable, but the
possibility to me seems very real.  I find it hard to believe that birds are
just saying the same very limited thing over and over and over and over...

Anyone who has listened to teletype on shortwave radio, or a modem on a
phone line, has observed a seemingly repetitive carrier which is actually
carrying a heavy and unique data stream, and a two-way conversation.