From:
Chris Ignasiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:05:48 -0400
To be posted:

  I am a hobby beekeeper with 2 hives in NE Ohio. I used to keep bees 20
years ago and just have come back to it.

  Does anybody have any advice on making a homemade warming box? I pulled
supers a few weeks ago and they are in my garage, covered and taped. The
weather has turned cold and I haven't extracted yet.

  I've read that commercial beekeepers have a "warm room" that they put
their supers in before extracting. Could I use the same prinicipal and make
a warming box? I was thinking of putting 1 or 2 empty deeps on the bottom
with a lightbulb or lamp inside and the supers on top, all covered. If I
left it alone long enough wouldn't it warm the supers enough to make
extracting easier? Has anyone tried this or have advice? Any drawbacks? I'd
appreciate any feedback.

                        Chris Ignasiak of Avon, Ohio