From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:06:25 -0500
grantredshaw wrote:
> The main conclusion was there was no conclusive evidence that glycation
> compounds had an adverse effect on human health. This was because the
> conclusions in the scientific publications were limited because amongst
> other reasons:
My point. The jury is not yet in. Add that the touted difference is the
very high level of methylglyoxal in the honey, about 7 time that in
coffee and much higher than "normal" honey or other foods.

When you get into the world of harmful chemicals in foods, there are a
bunch. The onion would not pass an FDA test because of the number of
carcinogens. Most tests involve much higher levels of the suspected
chemical and do not always transpose to the real world. However, with
Manuka honey, you are already in elevated concentrations compared to
most all other food. Most of the science I have seen on methylglyoxal
involves much lower concentrations. Even then, there are questions. So
as noted, there is still much more to look at before you can say there
are no problems.

Prudence is the only point I am making.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine