From:
P-O Gustafsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:13:08 +0200
> We used the best 12 of that select group based on temper and other
> factors as queen mothers for grafting and the hives all  provided drones.

After 10 years of doing the same, I have also found it to be a better
method. During this time I have compared my bees with others bred
through insemination and isolated mating stations. The bees selected
from a larger group based mainly on honey production has outperformed
any other queens I have tested. One reason for this might be that you
select bees that are best suited for your local conditions and your
way to work them. I started with mixing ligustica, buckfast, carnica
and a bit of the old black....

--
P-O
59°39.792'N   17°32.825'O