From:
Blane White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 07:42:42 -0500
Hi Peter and Everyone,

[log in to unmask] wrote:

"Have you compared them side by side with hives on regular bottom boards to determine the difference in the same apiary the same year? Has anyone on this list?"

I have not compared in the same apiary but Jeff Pettis did a study that was published a few years back in American Bee Journal.  He found increased broodrearing in colonies started from packages if they were on mesh bottoms and decreased varroa mite loads.  That article is what got me to switch.

FWIW

blane

Blane White
MN Dept of Agriculture