From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 09:20:46 -0000
Randy Oliver
> Most novel way to mix sugar syrup I've seen:  local hobbyist uses an old
> washing machine.  Dumps sugar in, has hot water hooked to fill hose, runs
> wash cycle to dissolve sugar, spin cycle pumps syrup into buckets.

I have done this with an old Hoover single tub machine, but you do need to
put a cork into the hole leading to the pump before emtying in the sugar.
Remove it when the sugar has dissolved and you are ready to pump out.  If
sugar goes down into the pump it will wreck it.

Best wishes

Peter Edwards
www.stratford-upon-avon.freeserve.co.uk/