From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:21:35 -0600
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/109630841/ABSTRACT

".......if such troubles are really due to this insecticide, they may
only be observed either when bees consume contaminated pollen, when
no other sources of food are available, in the presence of synergic
factors (that still need to be identified), with some particular races
of bees or when colonies are not strong and healthy."

The above suggests to me that it is admitted that bees are able to
harvest pollen containing levels of Imidaclopride that are detrimental
to bees, if:
- They (the bees) are present in mono culture environments. (I have
physicaaly seen comb containing predominant quantities of Maize pollen
or Sunflower pollen).

Strange as it may seem - but farmers ask beekeepers to place colonies in
such to aid in pollination!

- They are in the presence of Imidaclopride and some other factor.
(Believing in the application of the Principle of Precaution) - I
suggest that the removal of the one known factor in a situation that has
when linked to other unknowns, may cause adverse effects on a non
targeted organism. (Long sentence - sorry!)

- Certain bees (age profile or race etc.) may be suceptable to the toxic
effects of Imidaclopride, when others are not.

Therefore is this indirectly suggesting that we as a possible harmed
party must change our stocks?

Only to consequencely have to do the same for the next generation of
preparations.

Dog wagging tail or what ?

Peter