From:
Tom Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 19:36:17 +0100
Hello All

Harry Goudie wrote:

>I don't think I belong to a "brigade".  In fact I feel quite alone and
>isolated in my views  I just try to tell people the truth and not deceive
>them.  These days this would seem to be an uncommon approach with many
>beekeepers trying to cover up failings in their product.  In my opinion
>these people are guilty of deceiving the public

I could not agree more. We had a most interesting interchange recently on
the Irish Beekeeping Discussion List when attempts were made against all of
the evidence to suggest that varroa did not necessarily develop resistance
to synthetic chemicals.

I am of the opinion that if we tell the truth we can expect fewer problems
than if we embark on deception.

Sincerely
Tom Barrett
Dublin