From:
Joan Schavee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:08:42 +0000
Has anyone experience with maintaining hives from within a shed, garage, barn.
I am contemplating trying a hive from within an enclosed room in our attached
garage with opening through the wall to the exterior starting this spring.
The garage(room) is heated and air conditioned. The minimum temperature
during winter with no heating/cooling vents open has been down to 40
degrees and during
the summer with no vents opened will go to about 90 degrees. Opening the
heating/cooling vents in the room would usually maintains an average 75
degree temp.
I guess what I am asking is how are interior observation hives maintained?
Although
this would not be an observation hive, I would be using regular hive bodies
open to the
outdoors.
Overwinter should be better??
Hive venting needed?