From:
kirk jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2010 04:48:35 -0800
Stan asked about Oxalic treatment with brood:

I recently posted by blog http://www.beekeeping-journal.blogspot.com/ in regards to treating with oxalic acid.

The results were very good with brood present. I use 700 grams in a 5 gallon bucket of distilled water and try to get
5 ml per seam per box if they are stacked. Quick.

I took out a newbee and did five mite rolls as we went through 3 yards of 80 hives each. I didn't roll *any* mites. This roll is after two weeks from treatment date. Of course I will find them, but liked what I saw.

I am all about *very low* mite counts for successful beekeeping. We do treat often with rotations if possible.

 Kirk Jones

Sleeping Bear Farms   beekeepers making honey...
Benzie Playboys           cajun and zydeco band........
Beekeeping Journal Blog   thoughts on beekeeping
Facebook