From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 19:16:32 -0500
George Fergusson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Yes Bill, it is a common thread, here and elsewhere. So in Don's case,
>to what should we attribute his apparent success? Small cell or FGMO? :)

Hello George!

I would attribute the success small cell and good management practices.  I
have talked with Don on occasion, (BTY, Don’s about the nicest man in
beekeeping) he has an excellent management and breeding strategy, but I
feel personally that his use of FMGO as he described ‘very minimal’ is
probably not necessary.  But as a breeder, I believe he may just be being
overly cautious wanting to be sure he has bees and queens ready for the
customers, and not quite ready for the final step to no treatments just
yet.

Best Wishes,
Joe