From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 11:35:02 -0600
Hello Keith & All,
Haven't heard from you in awhile (except on another list).

I assume you are referring to bee lab politics?

I actually wish beekeepers and others feeding information to the press were
as cautious as bee lab releases.

All  bee labs I have been involved with writing about censer all published
data.

If reporters for the news media would do the same then accurate information
about the die off would be done.

I have got an article which will be in the April issue of ABJ about a bee
lab. The first step was a meeting between the head of the bee lab and the
head of the unit in the unit meeting room.

Both wanted to know what I was going to publish. They gave their approval
with the condition the lab got to read first and edit if needed.

I was given many documents pertaining to the lab such as when built and the
current research and a list of employees.

Once my article was done (from my notes and spending the day interviewing)
the finished article was sent for approval.

Was reviewed by the powers that bee at the USDA-ARS.

A single edit was asked for which was a change in the wording of a single
sentence. Now if you ask me I listen very well and take accurate notes.

All the labs compete for various research projects. Misquoting is a
problem.

Back to the original discussion.

 I  point to the heading of Dr. Hoffman's power point presentation which was
to inform she felt these bees were a threat to the almond pollination if the
entered to apiaries of large migratory operations.

Hello?

 I am fairly busy today but the exact presentation title was posted by me in
the prior archive discussion. I can dig up in stacks of papers but if a
BEE-L member goes back to those discussions please post the title of her
presentation.

Thanks in advance!

bob

--