From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:05:10 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

I think  it is not Varroa or Tropilaelaps.  Can anyone help to identify  it?

So they are using Mellifera and not Cerana in S. India.  The mites, if
that's what they are look horrific, making up in numbers what they lack in  size.
They are quite a bit smaller than Vd, and I think bigger than Tc and  the
wrong shape. Shapewise they resemble Vd which suggests as you say, another  mite.

And still people want to import bees!

Chris