From:
Karen Oland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:50:48 -0500
Dave,

--A porno site simply appropriated one mating insect image...      :o(

And how, may we ask, did you come across this misappropriation of your
image? <g>

--YahooGroups is one large commercial site that apparently makes
--money by splashing banner ads, which I absolutely despise.

And most of believe also selling our email addresses to the bulk spammers
out there.

--there are rumors that YahooGroups will soon be charging for their site.

The current rumour is this is due to the use of the groups by "adult" photo
swapping groups. They email photos to each other as attachments and have
thousands of members.  Most of the bee groups will probably be unaffected.

k.Oland