Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 09:28:25 -0600
 > We paid $1.75 for the waxed Piercos.

I should have mentioned that this was landed in Edmonton, all-in.  I
don't know what the price was at the factory.

In my opinion, at this point, I would not buy PF100s again at half the
price, but that opinion may be subject to change after I work through
the hives more.  They are not terrible, but IMO, they are more trouble
and less durable.

And, oh!, I forgot to say that I was forced to extract this year, even
after splitting 22 hives into 110.  I took the honey to Meijers to
extract in their commercial extracting system and we found that the wood
frames climbed the conveyor, the Piercos climbed the Cowan conveyor, but
the PFs just slipped until another frame came along and pushed it up.
More than a few times one end of a PF100 gripped on the chain and the
other didn't and the PF100 fell into the sump, then had to be fished out
manually.  None of the other combs did that.  The PFs had to be
intermixed with other frames to make it up the chain reliably.

That is a going to be a huge issue for some.

_Cowan Conveyor Test Results_

Pierco (new version) -- PASS

PF-100 - FAIL