From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 20:39:33 -0400
You have to cut the combs out, saving the brood combs as intact as
possible. I make a table with an empty hive body and telescoping
cover. Lay the sheet of brood comb on the cover and an empty frame on
top. Use frame as pattern to cut brood comb to fit. With brood comb
inside frame, wrap it with string to hold in place. Bees will remove
unless it's synthetic string. Any large pieces can be placed in an
empty frame like a jigsaw puzzle. Tie in place.

Place in brood box and add bees if you can scoop them in. Otherwise,
locate hive with cutout brood at old entrance...with platform of some
kind. Tardie said he has a bee vacuum. They work well to collect the
bees. I would wait until the bees are building up well and it's warm.

Go at it from the easiest side. Can you hack away, or do you have to
be gentle with the building? I've removed interior boards and
exterior sheathing. Depends on the situation.
Mike