From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 07:39:33 -0800
Therefore, I feel some barriers to hive movement should be maintained.

Hi Ted,

The movement of bees across continents allows for business opportunities for
migratory beekeepers, of which I am one.
I personally would also make money selling bees to Canadians each spring.
That said, your argument about restricting movement holds water.
I live in California, and we deal with beehives of every condition being
brought into the State for almond pollination.  We get every disease the
first year it appears anywhere in the country.  The Peace River Valley would
get the same.
There are definitely two sides to this coin!
Randy Oliver