From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 19:34:05 -0500
>  As a baker, I've seen plenty of long-winded discussions on precisely this
>topic--artisan bread, artisan bakers, and how to actually define these
>things.

Jeff truly is an artisan. We held our summer meeting at his bakery in
Vermont this summer. He and his wife provided the bread. Very delicious.
But, there was one loaf...left uncut. It was truly a work of art. On top,
were strands of wheat...I assume created from dough. It really was too
beautiful to eat. So, Jeff, tell me...

The baker is an artist. The bread a work of art. Just what would you call
it, to tell the loafs apart. That was surely more than just "bread."

Mike