From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 19:37:12 -0600
> Maybe you are willing to let researchers off the hook but I am not. When they do a presentation in front of a group of beekeepers ( most I record ) then they are fair game to the beekeeping community.

What does "fair game"mean to you?  What most of us understand it to mean?

> The problem is old friend is that NONE of the researchers like to see their
> name on BEE-L.

Au contraire, Jose Villa was delighted when his TM study when came up
here, and came on BEE-L to add comments. Jerry B is here all the time,
as is Medhat. There are quite a few orthers, too, but they keep their
silence, because, sadly, some people consider them "fair game" and
lack the manners to show them the respect and consideration they
deserve.

> Researchers are VERY careful what they publish but in presentations things > are different. My hearing is fine. I would love to discuss what those researchers *meant*to say instead of what they did say on BEE_L but not going to happen.

Interesting that you know what they meant to say better than they do.

> Years ago I made a statement about a researcher based on what several people  told me was fact. When the researcher denied what was said I apologized (in archives). Not because what I posted was not true but because the people involved lost their nerve and would not stand up.

That's your story. We all know better. You just got part of the story
and jumped to conclusions.  Most of us are careful not to report
gossip and repeat hearsay, especially when it is damaging.

> My mistake was listening to others back then.

Gossip is dangerous.

> Will never happen again.

We have noticed that, but maybe you should listen a bit more
carefully, and ponder what you hear, instead of believing you
understand.

> I report now only what I hear and tape.

But cannot provide the proof when asked. You are too busy, it seems,
but not too busy to drop more names and enlarge on what you think you
heard.

> I am done discussing the issue with you on BEE-L.

Could it be because you have nothing backing you?  Your bluff has been
called, and we asked to se your hand, but you apparently folded.

> Have you ever wondered why those researchers you contacted NEVER have contacted me?

It is obvious to most of us.

> I would love to hear from researchers anytime. Happy to discuss what they meant to say instead of what they said.

You are now admitting to making things up (what they meant to say) and
using their names?  I'm not surprised.

> I understand completely ( maybe better than you) why researchers do not for the most part want to do internet discussion.

Researchers have their own private Internet discussion lists where
everyone knows the rules.  They do and have come here when they are
confident that they will not be attacked or misinterpreted.
Unfortunately, that is seldom.