From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2007 23:20:25 -0700
Lionel:
I have never known anyone to get AFB in hives fed honey,
whether own, or boughten, that has been extracted and put
up(skimmed and strained basically for floating
particulates).

I do know of hives getting AFB from frames interchanged
with mummies in cells along with stores, and that is a
different ball park for doing! along with cappings from
same if extracted, or fed back unskimmed/unstrained where
spun out mummies would/could be intermingled/mixed in.

Difference seems to be availability/access to spores
adhering to outside body parts for problems later vs that
eaten as strickly food and digested.

So again, feeding honey is not problem, unless you have of
course breached your bees digestive system; but then they
would be already sick and weak and hurting and you should
know the difference prior to feeding one would think!

I believe we are talking feeding healthy bees that just
need food, or do we need to clarify by degree of health for
various categories/types feeding, and then that would bee a
horse of a different color, for I am sure there would be
several.

Dee

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.