From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:12:38 +1000
> You can't afford to eliminate many of your most knowledgeable
> inspectors, just because they keep bees themselves.

Good point Dave.  How can you have a bee inspector that does not know much
about bees.  If they don't keep bees themselves, how do they learn the finer
points about beekeeping.  These finer points are what is needed by an
inspector.  After all, you don't want a book inspector i.e. one that has
learn beekeeping from a book with no "real" practical experience.

It reminds me of when I was in a previous job and saw how sawmills started
to be run by accountants and not sawmillers.  All sorts of stupid decisions.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA
Coming to Apimondia in Australia in 2007