From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:23:17 -0400
Haven't read the article yet, just received BC Monday and have not yet
recovered from Post-EAS 2002 disorder!

Colleen wrote:
> Short of supering which I don't want to do this late in the
> season, my other choice would be to pull full frames, but
> all I have to replace them with is foundation....

Another option (at least in my neck of the woods) is giving your bees a full
deep of foundation only.  The is plenty of time for the bees to draw and
utilize the frames and you can overwinter in 3 deeps.  By next spring the
bottom deep will be empty and you will be able to swap it out, putting your
bees back on two deeps.  An added benefit is you'll have spare drawn combs
next season!

Aaron Morris - thinking fall flow is yet to come in these parts!