From:
"C.Crowell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:44:07 -0400
Where I am in the U.S., in New Jersey, I have the same problem.  I label my
honey as to the season and the year, saying only "wildflowers" as the floral
source.  For example, Spring '2000 Honey from Wildflowers.   Most beekeepers
don't put the season or the year, which puzzles me since it helps to make it
distinct from the honey marketed by the large packing houses.
   I wonder if more could be done to specifiy the source to increase the
marketing appeal. For example, honey made nectars "filched from all over -
my yard, the neighbor's yard, the school yard, the highway median - My bees
stop at nothing to bring in the finest!"