From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 14:39:29 -0400
Tom writes
I suppose that we are short of a term to specify succinctly 'using
treatments against varroa which do not include the use of Apistan, Bayvarol
or Coumaphos'

reply:
I would say "natural" or "non-chemical". I think this is what we all want,
but if the only way to get it is to let the susceptible bees simply die,
well -- that's a bitter pill to have to swallow.

That's why a lot of people are hoping to *breed* better bees and use any
and all means possible (IPM) to keep them alive in the meantime. Keep the
faith!!

pb