From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:34:30 -0700
Randy:
But this is what you gotta see! You gotta see more mite
drop and lots of it especially in early doings 1-2 years
starting. More the better and lots of it. Then when
stabilized and cleaned out, it stops and receeds back!

Bees that cannot get the mites out with drops aren't doing
the cleansing work FWIW, leaving them still therein to do
harm......

Why you afraid of seeing large mite drops with SC? With big
LC I can see it being a problem, but not large numbers in
especially first wintering with SC. Gotta have it and more
the better in the line of fire!!....to show the bees are
working.

Then in seeing this, you check other parameters to make
sure things in balance and going right direction. Just
gotta learn what you are actually seeing. Really nothing
hard! That's why I do a lot of hands-on showing in field to
those needing to know.

Dee