From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2019 11:29:22 -0500
Amazing how stinky some floral resources can be.  Anyone else notice this?

Right on Jerry. One of our major spring floral sources in eastern WA and sometimes enough to extract is Black Hawthorne (Crataegus douglasii). It will fool even experienced beekeepers that there is AFB in the yard. I have learned to be less nervous but still notice it every spring. The blossoms have the same "bouquet". Rather then AFB I now relate it to cat urine.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA