From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:01:20 -0700
Bob Harrison wrote:

> . Why not today? Who looks at
> the studies you researchers have run (many identical with different results)
> and decides which is the correct concept or are  researchers like weathermen
> . .
> Hello Bob and All,

 Research gives us knowledge. Armed with knowledge we try to find answers and
solutions to our problems.
I read everything I can get my hands on. Some is dry and some is over my head.
The work that researchers do should
be  looked upon as a blessing for us. Think about NO work being done on
varroa.We would know nothing about the mite
except that they are killing our bees. It is easy to complain when you don't get
things the way you would like them. It took me three years of study before I
could understand most of Bee Genetics and Breeding by Tom Rinderer. Its not a
coffee table book.
 If you think that anything in nature is simple , you don't have your eyes open.
Science is like a flower coming into bloom, one petal at a time. Sometimes it
looks out of balance , but is still filling out.So give all researchers a break.
They are human and work with the same problems we all have, we don't know
everything. They try to get one piece at a time.
 Most beekeepers have no idea how much work is being done that can help us. I
know that Jerry's work can help bee breeders go up to the next step on
evaluating queens.That is just one example and I hope they get connected soon.
 We are all in the same boat and its time for us to all paddle together.
Best regards
Roy