From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 11:04:47 +0000
Hi Walter

 > and who has done work on this?

Please do not forget that my original post stressed 'ideas' and
'conjecture'. I wish more work would be done, it would be helpful if
what was actually relevant to the matter was properly collated and
referenced into a bibliography, but I don't know of any work ongoing at
the minute.

 > So, if I have Russian Queens flying about to be mated, and along
 > with Russian drones in that comet there appear some "others", has
 > it been established that the "others will affect the "fit" or is
 > it Russian drones and only Russians

It is possible that Russian drones may 'fit better' with Russian queens
than drones of other races, but we are not talking of total exclusion or
acceptance, just a 'better chance'.

There is another feature that has not been mentioned so far, one that is
hard to define, but there is possibly a 'degree of fussiness' involved
from the drone's point of view. It may be that drones of some races will
mate with a wider spectrum of racial types of female, yet some other
race's drone may be more particular.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)