From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 08:44:49 -0700
Hi to all on BEE-L

Lloyd wrote:

Under our crazy labeling regulations they then changed
their label to read (approximately) 'this honey may be from
US, Canadian, Argentina or Chinese sources'.

Reply:
If they are a US Coop and were restricted to a 49-51 ratio
for foreign to US Honey of members under federal law, then
the next question would be:

Is this information going on the labels so we can be sure
they are using no more then 49% foreign in their honey, and
why can not then this blending be made mandatory in ratio
also, and so stated on the labels, so American producers
are the major suppliers? Even if by a token for blended
honeys! I see nothing from them high grading a totally
American product. I also see nothing packers from
truthfully giving their packing ratios for blending on
lables so we know what we are eating and from where. What
ever happened to truth in labeling or isn'th there any?

Sincerely,

Dee A. Lusby