From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 04:21:33 -0700
> European honey customers are wery concerned about posiible
> residues of synthetic chemicals... I dont only stydy this, but treat
> my own 180 hives only with thymol and oxalic acid.

Aren't we all?  Chemical residues are definitely something to be worried
about.   I understand that oxalic and formic do not leave noticeable
residues, but I had heard that thymol can get into honey enough to be
tasted?  Have you observed that?

Have these treatments affected your honey yields or wintering at all, or
have you studied that aspect of this approach?

I've added your article to my list of varroa resources at
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/formic/default.htm

Thanks for sharing.

allen
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/