From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 13:27:51 -0600
> My question is in a nutshell " Is this in essence the state
> of that rouge cape bee strain that is causing problems in
> South Africa?"  If it is we don't want it but we don't know
> if it is or not or will lead in that direction.

I've been wondering the same thing.  After Gloria's talk at the AFB, I have
become aware that we are seeing behaviours in the AHB in Arizona that may be
somewhat suggestive of Cape Bee behaviour.  I'm thinking of the invasion of
other colonies by workers and by queens.

I have wondered if the problems that are being seen in AHB in the Americas have
something to do with having some Cape Bee blood in the mix.  Something odd is
going on.

allen

http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/
---
Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of
training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in
the history of the world. -- Dave Barry