From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 05:12:58 -0900
Hi Waldemar,

> Keith, once your bees have raised the first batch of queens, do you reuse the queen cups by *making* the queen lay in them

I am lucky in our short season to have more than one shot at rearing queens but if timed right more than one batch can be made but
not back to back. to answer your question directly I have not thought of doing that and really maybe not quite sure what you mean. I
will put some thought into this and look closely next season at what is left over on the top bars the strips are attached to.

> or do you always start out with a new comb strip with eggs?

Yes, presently that is how I do it but with freshly hatched larvae in the cells.

 . ..   Keith Malone, Chugiak, Alaska USA