From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:02:50 -0900
Hi Randy,

< I come across references to various other island breeding
experiments, but haven't written them down, sorry.
<

http://esa.confex.com/esa/2005/techprogram/paper_22428.htm

Here is an interesting one in which the supposed AHB strain of bee (I
think it just well may have been only the feral strain of bee that
already was originally there to begin with, being feral that bounced
back from near crash) bred themselves gentle. Not you Randy, but I
think there is some sweet possibilities for honeybee genetics but
there are some hardheaded folks out there who seem to refuse to even
entertain the idea that it can happen, but it can happen even with
the loathed and feared AHB. For that matter the loathed and feared
German Brown Bee (Apis mellifera mellifera), thought by some to be as
fierce as the AHB of today being "mean and nasty".

Thanks Randy for replying.

The "Mean and Nasty",
Keith Malone