From:
Peter Kevan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1993 12:13:08 EST
Makhdzir Mardan, Department of Plant Protection, Fakulti Pertanian,
Universiti Pertanian, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia has been playing
with Xylocopa culture/encouragement and made some interesting
breakthroughs with Xylocopa latipes for passion fruit pollination
in Malaysia. You can find some reference to his work in Acta
Horticultura of a couple of years ago (sorry, I don't have the
volume) and in a book in press by Wicwas Press in Connecticut.
If you wrote to him, I'm sure he would send you whatever he can.
Whether or not his ideas will work in North America, I don't know.
Cheers, Peter Kevan, U of Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
P.S. Makhdzir'sE-mail link has been out of commission for the
last few weeks.