From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:38:56 -0500
I have had a few requests for winter bees for MS patients.  I always give
the bees away free, not looking to make a business of this.

My method was taught me many years ago by a person who kept bees solely for
arthritis.  During the winter he took a broom straw (say, 8" long), stuck it
in the front entrance and moved it around.  When it was withdrawn, the
several bees stuck to it were put into a jar.  Repeat until enough are
collected, or the bees get so irritated that it is best to move to another
hive.

I have to say I have never taken more than 50 or so bees from a hive, so
certainly have not disturbed them all that much.

As to the liability issues...I have never sought this activity; it has
always found me.  I take no payment, figuring this is a small gift to
mankind.  Those contacting me have always said they can't afford to pay the
prices for mail order, and that they have taken stings before.

I am certain this does not absolve me from being sued, but hey if we can't
help another person why are we here?

Lloyd
Mailto:[log in to unmask]
Lloyd Spear Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
Visit our web site at http://www.rossrounds.com.