From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 07:26:56 -0400
>  If due notice is taken of sealing up the hive and prevailing wind
> direction, there should be very little exposure to the operative.

Exactly.

I run 8 vaporizers. 4 are set up, and energized. Then the next four are set
up. When the first four are finisher...2 - 2.5 minutes...the battery is
moved to the next four. By the time those are nearly finished, the first 4
are removed from their hives. They have cooled off, and are no longer
smoking. They are then prepared for the next 4 hives.

There was a study published in the back of ABJ a year or two ago. Colonies
wrapped for winter had a 90+% kill of Varroa. Unwrapped was only 70+%.
So...the holes and cracks must me sealed anyway, for the vapors to work
best. When prepared properly, almost no vapor escaped the hive.

As far as making 700 cu ft dangerous...a 50 sq ft house...your not
vaporizing inside a house.
Mike