From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:35:51 -0500
Here is a favorite quote of mine from Dostoyevsky's book "The Possessed":

“Ah, my dear friends!....you have no idea how sad, how bitter one feels when a great idea to which
you have devoted your life is taken over by inexperienced, clumsy hands that drag it out into the
street and share it with other fools as stupid as themselves. Then you suddenly come across it in
the flea market, unrecognizable, grimy, presented from a ridiculous angle, without sense of
proportion, without harmony, used as a toy by stupid brats. Oh no, it was different in our time!
That’s not what we were trying to achieve. No, no, that’s not at all what we were after! I don’t
recognize anything today....

(Andrew R. MacAndrew translation)

Thanks Aaron, for turning the list back on. I know you aren't actually the sad and bitter type,
because I've met and talked with you a few times. But, like most of us, the urge can sometimes be
pretty strong to just toss your hands in the air and say to hell with it.  I'll say one more thing,
you've certainly got a higher frustration tolerance than I do!

Regards,
Dick Allen