From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 22:11:18 -0700
We are in a desert climate of which the last seven has been
declared drought conditions. In such conditions you do not
have weak nucs lasting very long as anything strong around
them will quickly negate them out.

You learn to absorb the weak, and/or let it go. You learn
to divide/split from strong colonies and with whole deep 10
frame boxes with brood, bees, honey and pollen go from
there. I have no time for constant feeding of nucs in our
climate.

 Even swarms we cutout are put into whole deep 10 frame
boxes with only bees and brood they have mounted onto
cutout frames and given one frame of honey on each
side.From there they are on their own to live or die.

This is how I was also raised, but here it is necessary for
life to be strong. Yet, in nature IMPOV this coincides
fine, for if you cannot live on own you just don't make it.

Again, I would rather parallel nature then go opposite for
long-haul. To do otherwise somehow doesn't seem right.

Respectfully submitted,

Dee A. Lusby
Small Cell Commercial Beekeeper
Moyza, Arizona