From:
Ross Langlands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:30:28 +0100
Hi Nathan
Like you this is my first year of beekeeping and like you my first stings
were nothing at all to write home about until I got 25 stings when I became
quite feverish the following day and these stings were surrounded by about 5
cm of redness and swelling. Since then I've reacted in a similar way to the
odd sting. This is a local allergic reaction and by itself does not lead to
a hypersensitivity or anaphylactic reaction. It is possible that you will
become desensitised with continuous exposure, but it is equally possible
that you will continue to have these local reactions. Hypersensitivity is
unusual and can occur with the second sting or at any subsequent time. Let's
hope we both become desensitised!
Yours
Dr Ross Langlands,
Scotland

--

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only,

If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately.

The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.